Grameen-Jameel is always looking for talented professionals who are committed to sustainable poverty alleviation. We encourage all qualified persons to send their resumes. All employment positions are posted on the Grameen-Jameel website until filled.
Based: Dubai, UAE
The Relationship Manager will be supporting Grameen-Jameel MFI Partners and activities in the Middle East region including Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, and Yemen as well as future countries targeted by Grameen-Jameel. This support includes responding to partners’ financing
and technical assistance needs.
Detailed Job Functions:
• Ongoing relationship management and support of MFI Partners in the assigned area by:
o Maintain an in-depth understanding of MFI Partners’ business plans and requirements for support;
o Work with management to ensure that appropriate products and services are provided to MFI Partners and coordinate/manage delivery of these products and services;
o Support Investment Manager and Financial Analyst on securing information needed for financing needs;
o Ongoing communication with Partners regarding products and services provided by Grameen-Jameel to Partner;
o Visit each MFI Partner twice per year; and
o Provide information as required for the completion of MFI Partnership reports.
• Identify potential new MFI Partners and coordinate with appropriate Grameen-Jameel staff to initiate discussions; follow-up as required;
• Follow-up on quarterly reporting and surveillance;
• Provide ideas and concepts to management for new products and services to better serve the assigned and potential MFI Partners;
• Keep current on microfinance services, the regulatory environment, best practices and trends for each country in the assigned area and provide periodic written reports/updates to management;
• Represent Grameen-Jameel at microfinance related events such as seminars, conferences, trainings and working exchanges in assigned area; maintain working relationships and collaborate with other microfinance support organizations in the assigned area;
• Complete all administrative tasks as required on a timely basis;
• Communicates all activities and challenges to management on a regular basis; and
• Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English. French competency is a definite plus;
• Knowledge of the microfinance industry and countries in the assigned area;
• Ability to deliver quality services and achieve high client satisfaction ratings;
• Strong financial analysis capabilities;
• Self-starter with strong self-motivation and the ability to work without daily supervision or interaction with other staff members;
• Proven competence in building collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
• Demonstrated maturity with excellent interpersonal and inter-cultural communication skills;
• Outstanding coordination and time management skills, with ability to handle multiple activities concurrently, under pressure, and to tight deadlines;
• Willingness and ability up to travel up to 60% of the time to client locations in the Arab World;
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook; and
• Commitment to eradication of poverty in the Arab World.
Education and Experience:
• A university degree in Business, Finance, Economics, International Development or other relevant subject. Holders of MBAs and/or Masters degrees are highly preferred;
• Four+ years of work experience in financial services and/or consulting;
• Microfinance experience strongly preferred; and
• International work experience desired.
Start Date: Immediate
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter with the following items to email@example.com. The cover letter should include (a) An explanation of why you want to work for Grameen-Jameel; and (b) An explanation of how your skills and experience is a good match for this position. No phone calls will be entertained.