Grameen-Jameel loans provide direct lending for microfinance institutions, with the following key features:
- Minimum loan amount is USD 100,000 and maximum is USD 2 million, extended up to 4 years.
- The loan is limited to finance the activities of the MFI in terms of portfolio funding.
MFI eligibility is subject to the following minimum criteria and conditional upon transactional due diligence and investment committee approval:
- In operation for at least two years with full financial statements; at least one year professionally audited.
- Not having or having limited access to commercial loans
- Size: typically between 10,000 and 35,000 clients or loan portfolio between USD 2.5 million and USD 5 million.
- Mission to serve the poor
- Portfolio at risk greater than 30 days < 5%
- High percentage of female clients
- Approaching profitability or profitable